The Orthopaedic department opened for the first time in November 2006 and specialises in the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of musculoskeletal diseases. It is staffed by a team of highly trained and qualified orthopaedic physicians and is equipped with state-of-the-art technology. The department covers a wide range of surgical procedures for the treatment of orthopaedic injuries and chronic conditions such as arthritis, sports injuries, fractures, etc.
High specialization in Surgery:
- Arthroplasty of joints
- Shoulder, hip, knee
- Modern types of fracture treatment
- Hip Fractures
- Osteosynthesis of upper and lower limb fractures
- Hemiarthroplasty of fractures
The following surgical procedures are performed at the Euromedica General Clinic of Dodecanese:
- Hand Surgery and Microsurgery
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Ulnar nerve syndrome
- Trigger finger – thumb
- Dupuytren’s disease
- Shoulder arthroscopy
- Repair of rotator cuff tears
- Frozen shoulder
- Acromioclavicular joint, etc.
- Knee arthroscopy
- Arthroscopic meniscectomy
- Repair of the Anterior Cruciate Ligament, etc.
- Lower limb surgery
- Hallux Valgus
- Morton’s neuroma, etc.
X-RAY image intensifier GE (C-ARM) – KARL STORZ Endoscopic Unit