Euromedica General Clinic of Dodecanese has a fully equipped Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (Level 1) and is able to offer all necessary assistance to newborn infants. In the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, care is provided to newborns from the very first hours of their life, as well as to premature babies, which require special adaptation to the environment (without technical support).
Our Neonatal Clinic is fully equipped with state-of-the-art equipment, while our nursing staff uses the most modern scientific methods to achieve the best possible results.
Strict hygiene and safety standards are met and are constantly monitored for compliance.
The staff of the Neonatal Clinic:
- Ensures the monitoring of the vital signs of newborns on a 24-hour basis,
- It specializes in the clinicisation and care of low birth weight premature babies,
- Ensures that all safety and quality standards are met in the milk preservation procedures
- Trains mothers in breastfeeding techniques and
- Continuously trains in the care of premature newborns.
The admission of a newborn to the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit is a situation that can really cause parents feelings of anxiety and distress. For as long as you will be away from your newborn infant, whether it is a short or long period of time, it is comforting to know that you will be able to be close to your baby. And don’t forget how advances in science in this field are increasingly helping to ensure that your babies get well quickly, recover and return home as soon as possible.